How to display plotting scale in autocad dwg drawing automatically?
You have 1 viewport on the layout drawing, in which there is a title bar, which will display the scale of the viewport.
Proceed as follows:
- Set the scale of the viewport.
- Start the MTEXT command. (On the ribbon, select the “Home” tab, “Annotation” panel, “Multiline Text”.)
- Under the prompts “Specify first corner:” and “Specify the opposite corner: click to place the text in the title bar or wherever you want. The text editor tab appears on the ribbon, and you will see the text editor in the AutoCAD drawing.
- In the text editor, right-click and select “Insert Field” to open the “Field” dialog box.
- From the Field Category drop-down list, select Object.
- Under the field name box, select the object.
- On the right side of the “Object Type” box, click the “Select Object” button.
- Return to the AutoCAD drawing and select the layout for which you want to set the scale. You can only select one object. The dialog box returns, and the “Object Type” box displays “Viewport”.
- Scale is selected in the “Properties” panel when setting the scale, select “Standard Scale” in the “Properties” box. If a custom scale is specified, select “Custom Scale”. You will see a preview of the text in the “Preview” box in the upper right corner of the dialog box. For scales, there is usually no need to specify the format, because there is no text, only numbers. You can see the appearance of the dialog as following:
- Click OK to end the Field dialog box.
- Click outside the “Text Editor” to place the text of the layout scale. The Mtext text now displays the viewport scale as shown as following:
The advantage of this method is that when you change the scale of the viewport, the field will update. If you save the drawing and print, regen or open a new drawing, the field will be updated automatically.
Besides, you can also manually update the fields as follows:
- Double-click the text to open the text editor.
- Select text.
- Right-click and select Update Field.
This is the tips about How to display plotting scale in autocad dwg drawing automatically, if you want to know more free tips and tutorials about AutoCAD, email subscribe us, or join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EasyCadCAM/